Soft & chewy chocolate chip cookies with crispy edges made using 100% whole grains. Reduced sugar and dark chocolate chips for a delicious bitter-sweet chocolate chip cookie!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temp, or just softened slightly)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup large flake rolled oats (sometimes called old fashioned)
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour, spooned into measuring cup (can sub all-purpose)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup 60% chocolate chips (or your preference)
- Cream butter & sugars well with hand mixer. (several minutes). Don’t skimp on the creaming time.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, form dough balls and place on a plate in the fridge.
- Chill dough balls at least 30 minutes – several hours.
- Bake on parchment paper lined LIGHT coloured baking sheet for 9-10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cookies will look slightly under baked when you remove them. Let cookies cool 1 minutes on pan before moving to a cooling rack.
- Category: Snacks/treats