Fruit and Veggie smoothie for kids
Fruit+ carrots + greek yogurt and some flax = great combo for a creamy, nutritious, kid loved mix!
This makes quite a large amount (smoothie overload warning), so if its just for 2 people, consider halving the recipe, or freeze leftovers into popsicles.
Steamed carrots add some delicious creaminess to this smoothie, and don’t detract at all from the flavour! If anything, they add a hint of mild sweetness!
For another fruit and veggie smoothie option, check out the Creamy cashew (kid approved) green smoothie!
This tropical smoothie is featured in an upcoming book “Flint the Dragon Learns to Fly” which will be published soon!Print
Tropical Blast Smoothie
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 large carrot- diced, steamed, and cooled (3/4 – 1 cup)*
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 & 1/2 – 2 cups milk
- 2 T ground flax
- Mix all non-frozen ingredients in blender first till well blended. Add frozen fruit little by little and mix until creamy. Amount of milk will depend upon your blender and how thick you want your smoothie.
- *If you have a high speed blender, the carrot does not need to be steamed. However, It will add creaminess if you have the time to steam it.
- Category: Smoothie
From my kitchen to yours- enjoy! Sip sip.
2 thoughts on “Tropical fruit and veggie smoothie”
Yay! These recipes are great! Can’t wait to see more!
More coming Amy! Thanks 🙂