Strawberry-coconut oatmeal. This is one of our absolute favourite summer breakfasts! It’s one that i’ve made for a couple of years now, and keep refining it.
This is for you if you love:
-quick & easy
oatmeal for breakfast, that your kids are
guaranteed likely to enjoy too! (Better not offer guarantees because we’re talking about kids…mine change their taste buds quite regularly just because they can, it seems.. anyone else’s?)
Get your little helpers into the kitchen with you by having them:
-cut the berries (with a small knife for older ones, or kids’ scissors for less experienced little chefs-you be the judge)
-measure the oatmeal & water
-lick the honey measuring spoon 🙂 ← my 4 year old’s favourite task 😀
-Set the table with the *right* colour plates, spoons, and cups.
Ps. Yes, we do eat oatmeal porridge off plates. My husband introduced this to me, and it’s so smart for cooling breakfast down quickly! Did anyone else grow up doing this? We always used ‘porridge bowls’ when I was a kid. 🙂
For other creamy oatmeal recipes, welcome to check out the breakfast section.
Delicious & creamy strawberry-coconut breakfast oatmeal recipe! This is quick, easy, and kid loved! Great breakfast idea for healthy kids.
- 1 c large flake oats (use certified gluten free, if necessary)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract (or sub vanilla)
- 1/2 – 3/4 T honey*
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Place oats, coconut milk, water, salt, coconut oil, coconut extract, and honey into a pot.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to medium and cook until creamy.
- Serve, topped with chopped strawberries and pecans.
*Can sub maple syrup if serving to baby under one year
- Category: Breakfast
From my kitchen to yours- enjoy!