This flavourful slow cooker chicken soup is quick, easy, and made with familiar, kid friendly ingredients! 20 minutes has it into the slow cooker and your supper prep is complete!
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 large diced carrots (dice fairly thin to ensure they cook through)
- 2 stalks finely diced celery
- 1/3 c minced onion
- 2 cups diced leftover chicken
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 handful whole grain spaghetti (1/4 of 375 g box OR 1 serving size)
- 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2 cream OR unsweetened cashew milk
- Place all ingredients other than spaghettti and cream into slow cooker, and cook on high for at least 3 & 1/2 hours. (Can be longer).
- Half hour before eating, add cream or cashew milk + spaghetti, and cook 30 minutes longer. *
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove bay leaves and enjoy!
*I don’t recommend swapping for gluten free pasta unless you cook it separately according to package instructions to al dante & add it right before serving due to it becoming mushy.
*See further instructions to find how to cut carrots into hearts.
- Category: Soup