The Scoop on the slow cooker chicken noodle soup:
If you’re a Mom looking for a…
- familiar ingredient laden
- slow cooker
…soup that is a cinch for your little chef to help you prep, welcome! You’ve come to the right place! How nice. 😀
This slow cooker chicken noodle soup comes together super quickly and then you ignore it while it cooks for supper.
This recipe also has a story (aka-a tiny tale) to read with your child, introducing the soup in a fun way before a spoon enters the bowl…:) See below.
For another easy soup recipe, check out: Sweet potato wild rice soupPrint
This flavourful slow cooker chicken soup is quick, easy, and made with familiar, kid friendly ingredients! 20 minutes has it into the slow cooker and your supper prep is complete!
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 large diced carrots (dice fairly thin to ensure they cook through)
- 2 stalks finely diced celery
- 1/3 c minced onion
- 2 cups diced leftover chicken
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 handful whole grain spaghetti (1/4 of 375 g box OR 1 serving size)
- 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2 cream OR unsweetened cashew milk
- Place all ingredients other than spaghettti and cream into slow cooker, and cook on high for at least 3 & 1/2 hours. (Can be longer).
- Half hour before eating, add cream or cashew milk + spaghetti, and cook 30 minutes longer. *
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove bay leaves and enjoy!
*I don’t recommend swapping for gluten free pasta unless you cook it separately according to package instructions to al dante & add it right before serving due to it becoming mushy.
*See further instructions to find how to cut carrots into hearts.
- Category: Soup
More (fascinating) details…
Easy way to make carrot hearts:
- Cut your carrot into 3″ lengths,
- With a paring knife, make a little V into the carrot lengthwise to form heart top (See photo↑)
- Trim either side to make V at heart bottom
- Dice the carrots, including the extra pieces (the ones that are not part of the heart), and add them to the pot as well. Cut the hearts fairly thin so they cook thoroughly in the slow cooker.
- Get little helper to help by adding the ingredients.
Break the spaghetti into quarters. Any strand pasta will do the trick, or 1/2 cup macaroni style will do in a pinch. Use whole wheat, or sub regular, or can use gluten free pasta… The soup’s destiny is in your hands… 😛
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!