Use up your leftover-oatmeal in these whole grain leftover oatmeal muffins! No refined sugar, dairy free, and 100% whole grain, these delicious and easy muffins are an awesome healthy kids snack!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey, warmed slightly till liquid
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup leftover oatmeal porridge
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (dairy free if necessary)
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine oil, honey, applesauce, eggs, leftover oatmeal, and vanilla in bowl and mix until smooth
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop into greased or lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 16 minutes or until they test done with a toothpick.
*For Oatmeal raisin muffins, omit chocolate chips & vanilla and sub 2/3 cup raisins + 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Category: Snack