Delicious, soft, and easy to make! These kid loved morning glory muffins are made with whole grains, oranges, carrots, and seeds! They are dairy free- a great healthy kids breakfast recipe.
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar OR brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup oil (mild flavoured)
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or unsweetened alternative)
- 2 T orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds) or nuts, chopped small
- 1 cup mandarin orange ‘tidbits’ (about 2 large or 3 small mandarin oranges)
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- Mix all dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in small bowl.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into it.
- Stir until just combined.
- Fold in raisins, seeds, orange tidbits, and carrots.
- Fill muffin tins nearly to the top (makes approximately 16 muffins).
- Bake at 400 degrees in lined or greased regular size muffin tins for 18 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.