Fruit filled frozen yogurt
AKA- Quick and easy, delicious ice-cream!
For a family looking to reduce their intake of refined sugar, this is a great substitution for ice cream! It’s super delicious & versatile.
This creamy frozen yogurt is the quickest dessert I have ever made. It’s faster than chopping up a watermelon.
Any frozen fruit can be used, making the flavour options endless! Fruit + greek yogurt + a splash of maple syrup… =yum.
**I do want to mention that i’ve made this in a high power blender- (twister jar for our blendtec). It would work well with a doubled recipe in a regular blendtec jar or vitamix using the tamper tool also. Additionally, I have heard of people successfully making ice cream type desserts in a food processor, but I haven’t personally tested it.
I would also recommend adding the fruit little by little or adding more liquid if using a food processor or a blender that isn’t high power/speed like a blendtec or vitamin. You will likely need to stop and scrape down the edges a few times. It might be more like a thick smoothie, but undoubtedly still delicious!
Possible flavour ideas:
- Chocolate-Cherry-Raspberry (Like this smoothie!) : Use cherries & raspberries for the frozen fruit and add 1T of cocoa to the recipe
- Mixed berry
- Mixed fruit- One of the tastiest mixes we have tried came from a bulk bag of mixed frozen fruit that included peaches, grapes, strawberries & pineapple
- Any single fruit
Then if you’re feeling a little fancy, add unsweetened coconut “sprinkles” on top 🙂 Or let your little chef do that once the dessert is in the bowls!
This should be eaten immediately after mixing as it does melt quite quickly.
Any leftovers can be frozen into yogurt popsicles for another day = creamy popsicles!
Please leave a comment if you make this successfully in something other than a high speed/power blender!Print
Quick & creamy homemade frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (Canned coconut milk can be used for dairy free)
- 2 cups frozen fruit*
- 1 T maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Splash of milk, enough to mix (dairy or unsweetened alternative)
- Unsweetened coconut (optional)
- **Double ingredients for easier mixing in a large blender jar
- Place all ingredients in high speed/powered blender and mix until creamy.
- Sprinkle unsweetened coconut on each serving.
- Enjoy immediately.
*Any fruit or fruit combo can be used
**If using a food processor or a blender that is not high powered, start with yogurt, syrup, and vanilla, and add fruit little by little.
***Add 1 T cocoa for a delicious chocolate/fruit dessert!
- Category: Dessert
From my kitchen to yours- Enjoy!