Christmas morning breakfast calls for sunshine, even if its in the form of apricots…
Oatmeal porridge is so versatile, and we’re loving this combo right now.
Apricots + coconut + oats = dreamy breakfast:) Little helper approved! The secret here is the spoonful of coconut oil. It’s not a lot, but adds a lot of flavour and creaminess to this mix!
This is similar in creaminess to my apple pie oatmeal porridge, but has a totally new flavour to switch things up at breakfast!
For those who have a helper who knows how to use scissors well, have her snip up the apricots for you! It’s apparently really fun!
Creamy, healthy, and best of all- kid approved!
If you’re looking for a Christmas Morning breakfast idea, this might be for you… 🙂 Or whip it up some other morning!Print
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 13 mins
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
Apricots + coconut + oats = creamy, delicious, & healthy breakfast!
- 1 cup old fashioned, large flake rolled oats (Certified gluten free if necessary)
- 1 cup milk (dairy or alternative)
- 1 cup water
- 1 – 1 1/2 T maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 T virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 T unsweetened coconut (optional for garnish)
- Place all ingredients other than unsweetened coconut into a pot and heat to a boil.
- Turn to medium heat and cook until creamy. Garnish with coconut. Serves 3. (4 children)
- Category: breakfast
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Apricot Coconut Oatmeal”
So delicious Kendra! and perfect for a wintery morning!
It is tasty on a cold winter morning! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by, Stacey!
Just an FYI, on Pinterest, this recipe lists the first ingredient
“1 cup old fashioned, large flake rolled oats (Certified gluten free if necessary)”
under the Beer, Wine, and Liquor category as
“1 cup Old Fashioned”
Although it might be tasty, not interchangeable 🙂
Oops! Not sure why they did that! Thanks for the heads up!:)