Spinach pesto… Super quick, easy, and versatile!
Pesto is one of those things I often forget about, but should totally have on hand at all times! It’s so handy for the quick, ’20 minutes till meal time’ type evenings.
We use it on pasta, in sandwiches (love pesto paninis!), rice, and scrambled eggs… what’s for lunch? Hmm. No idea. Whip out the pesto. Cha-chinG!
For other quick meal ideas, see the lunch recipes section.
I’m sure there are other tasty ways to use pesto also- leave your favourite way in a comment so I can try it! 🙂
- 2 cups spinach
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts* (toasted)
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder (or to taste)
- ½ cup mild flavoured oil (I use avocado)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ T lemon juice
- Put walnuts in a small pan over medium heat and toast until aromatic (about 4 minutes)
- Place all ingredients into blender and pulse until mixed.
- Enjoy on paninis, pasta, rice, in scrambled eggs etc!
From my kitchen to yours- enjoy!