Oven roasted sweet potato fries and greek yogurt dip. Easy and tasty!
If you have 25 minutes, you’re set to get these beside your meal. Perfect for a hamburger BBQ supper along with a rainbow salad. These oven roasted little morsels are easy for toddlers to handle and the dip adds that extra ‘fun’ factor to win over your hesitant eater (picky eater? surely not).
Roasting veggies is one of the easiest ways I have found to get veggies from my kids’ plates into stomachs. They literally snitch them off the pan as i’m finishing setting supper out. Roasting brings out the natural delicious sweet sugars in veggies, and they have a very different flabour than a boiled or steamed counterpart. (Hello beets, why yes i’m speaking about you here…)
-Try to slice your ‘fries’ uniform so they are finished at the same time
-If your little eater isn’t sold on spice, these are equally delicious simply dipped in plain greek yogurt
-Use sea salt if you have- it is so delicious on roasted veggies!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 T melted coconut oil*
- Sea salt
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ tsp chill powder (or to taste)***
- Prepare a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Slice your sweet potato into 'fries' keeping them as uniform as possible for easy baking.
- In a bowl, pour the coconut oil over the fries and toss them until the oil is spread evenly.
- Quickly place the fries on the parchment paper and sprinkle sea salt on top before the oil solidifies from the cool potatoes
- Place in 425 degree F oven and roast for 20 minutes** or until baked through and crispy on the outside.
- Place greek yogurt in a bowl and stir in chill powder.
- Keep in fridge until serving.
**Baking time will depend on darkness of pan and thickness of fries.
***Fries are also delicious dipped in plain greek yogurt.
From my kitchen to yours- enjoy!