Delicious quinoa granola- gluten free, dairy free, nut free, refined sugar free for a healthy snack!
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup seeds or chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place oats, dry quinoa, and seeds/nuts on parchment lined baking sheet. Toast for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle coconut on pan & toast everything 3 minutes longer, or until oats and coconut are lightly golden.
- Bring coconut oil, coconut milk, and maple syrup to boil in heavy bottomed pot, and boil gently, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes until candy thermometer reads 285 degrees F (140 degrees C). Don’t worry about it being this exact temperature. It’s not holding bars together so doesn’t need to be super precise.
- Put oats mixture and binder into a bowl. Add chia seeds and dried fruit. Stir well. Spread on parchment lined baking sheet to cool and crisp up.