Quick and easy pizza quesadillas
What we have here is a 10 minute lunch recipe.
(Just what I need around here most days at lunch time!)
Somehow, lunch time always arrives without me getting a plan into place and I end up scrambling around while kids ask ‘Mom! What can I eat?’
If this sounds familiar, keep this one handy…
These can be made using your favourite whole wheat or multi-grain (or gluten free!) tortillas, from the store, or by making your own. I like using this recipe from Super Healthy Kids. The taste of homemade tortillas can’t be beat, so if you have a day with an extra 1/2 hour sometime, give it a try! You can make the linked recipe 100% whole wheat by replacing the all-purpose flour with white whole wheat flour if you wish.
All you need is a regular frying pan (at least as large as your tortillas), greek yogurt, salsa, and toppings. Quick, easy, and best of all, tasty! Another bonus is that everyone can personalize their pizza quesadilla, buffet style. Several little bowls all lined up with topping options… and little helper is in control… until she accidentally tips the little bowl of peppers onto the floor… No no, lets leave it at cutely lined up bowls with a smiling little chef placing veggies into her pizza. Nice.
For another pizza option, have a look at this easy taco pizza with rustic crust recipe!Print
Quick and easy whole grain pizza quesadillas- Faster than cooking a frozen pizza!
- 2 T plain greek yogurt
- 1 T salsa
- Pizza toppings of your choice (meat, veggies, pineapple, etc)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 whole wheat or multi grain tortillas (or gluten free)
- Place frying pan over medium heat and place one tortilla into the pan. While it warms and crisps slightly, make pizza on the other tortilla.
- Mix yogurt and salsa. Spread around the tortilla.
- Place your choice of toppings on the sauce. If using pineapple and veggies, make sure that they are finely minced so the pizza will hold together well. Large chunks don’t do well.
- Sprinkle cheese over toppings.
- Once first tortilla is slightly brown, remove it from pan and put the second tortilla with toppings into the pan. Add first tortilla on top.
- Cook 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and toppings have heated through.
- Remove from pan and slice into pizza wedges. Enjoy!
*Leftover ham or chicken, shredded, go well in these, or they are equally delicious meatless!
From my kitchen to yours- Enjoy!