Boldly stamped as kid approved, Mom looks sceptically at the coleslaw. How much kid approved? She isn’t so easily swayed.
Be swayed! No false stamping here! 🙂
Obviously everyone has individual tastes, but this has a very kid-friendly sweet/tangy flavoured dressing, and nothing too outlandish as far as veggies go. Coleslaw + apples + spinach + beautiful jewel red pomegranates.
The dressing for this salad is quick and basic. Blend it up or mix it well by hand.
Pour it over your salad and stir. It’s as simple as that.
It’s best if you can make this salad a couple of hours prior to serving for optimal flavour, so it has time to really settle all the flavours in nicely.
(↑Very nice action shot of dressing being dumped onto the mix. Impressive, eh?)
Junior can help with this salad as well! Have him seed the pomegranate, or help with measuring the dressing ingredients! Tiny chefs can even help by pouring the dressing over the salad or sprinkling the jewels, aka pomegranate seeds on top! The more kids are involved, the more likely they’ll own the salad and give it a try:) So be creative!Print
Kid approved pomegranate coleslaw with diced apples & spinach, together with a creamy greek yogurt, honey-lime dressing! Quick, easy, and packed with flavour.
- 14 oz bag coleslaw (purple & green cabbage +carrots)
- 1 large handful spinach, chopped
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 T honey
- 1 T vinegar
- 1/4 cup milk, dairy or alternative
- 1 T lime juice
- Mix salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend dressing ingredients or mix well by hand. Start with 1 T of honey and add more after tasting it if desired. Any milk will work, though I recommend a creamy one for a thicker dressing if possible. Cashew milk or coconut milk work well for non-dairy alternatives.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix until well combined. Refrigerate 2 hours before eating.
- Salad keeps well for next day leftovers.
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!