A pulled pork that isn’t super hot, but still has lots of flavour. That’s what was being requested around here, and this is what came of my attempts.
This meal will come together in 10 minutes of hands on prep and comes out very tender. Plus kiddo loved (around here, anyways- let me know how your kids enjoy it!)
If you have hungry mouths that don’t appreciate extreme spice, this is the recipe for them! Plus some extra fruit in the pineapple, because, why not?
My boys like some spice in pulled pork, but if I go overboard (ahem- she speaks from experience), it’s game over. Rats anyways, because I’m a spice lover!
So.. what are you going to do?
- Defrost your roast (pop the recipe onto your wonderfully well maintained meal plan so you can get it defrosting in enough time!) 😀
- In the morning, mix the sauce ingredients (5 minutes)
- Cut your roast into several chunks (so it cooks extremely tender through)
- Put meat into your slow cooker
- Dump sauce on top
- Lid on
- Turn to low
- Forget about it while it turns itself into a delicious supper!
- Just kidding
- 30 minutes- 1 hour prior to eating, grab 2 forks and shred the meat, then stir it so it covers well with sauce again (that’s the other 5 minutes of the 10 minutes hands on…)
- Chow down!
Serve with Pomegranate honey-lime coleslaw (Kid approved!) and baked potatoes!
ps! Get junior involved!
If you have extra time & a willing little helper, have him:
- stir the sauce
- measure spices
- add the pineapple
- lick the honey spoon:)
Also pulling the pork prior to eating (on a large cutting board!) is a good job for a more experienced helper!
- 3-4 lb pork roast, thawed
- 1 can tomato sauce (398 mls or 13.5 oz)
- 1 cup canned pineapple tidbits in juice (fill juice to 1c around tidbits)
- 2 T dried onion flakes
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce (certified gluten free if necessary)
- 1 T vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ tsp chill powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Cut roast into 3-4 pieces and set in slow cooker
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over roast
- Cook on low 7-9 hours
- minutes- 1 hour before eating, shred roast using 2 forks, then stir to cover well with sauce again.
From my kitchen to yours- enjoy!