This smoothie is a wonderful ‘beginner green smoothie drinker’ option. It has a sweet fruit explosion, and is deliciously creamy. Trust me- you (or more importantly, your child) won’t even taste the spinach.
It’s green- like a dragon, very similar to the one in my children’s book, ‘Flint the dragon learns to fly’, which is a fun story to help kids start trying greens.
P.S. For another green smoothie option, have a look at this creamy cashew green smoothie recipe. It’s a bit more on the mild, sweet side, but also kiddo-approved in this house. Give it a try also!
- 1 banana (Can be the one that ended up over-ripe-toss it in!)
- 1 & ½ cups fresh pineapple
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1-2 cups spinach (If you're new to green smoothies, start with 1 cup)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 T chia seeds
- 2 cups frozen mango
- Milk- Dairy or non-dairy. Enough for your blender to mix the smoothie and to your personal liking for thickness.
- Mix all non-frozen ingredients in blender first till well blended.
- Add frozen mango and milk as needed.
- Practice flying when it’s gone 🙂
From my kitchen to yours- enjoy!