Shapes. There’s something about food cut into shapes that makes it a ton of fun for kids. I’m not actually one to have a lot of time and patience for elaborate food art, but for special occasions it’s fun to give the treats a little pa-zaz.
Using small cookie cutters makes these fruit kabobs extremely quick and easy, and really does turn a ho-hum kabob into a fun treat!
The raspberry cream cheese dip can be revamped any way you wish with other frozen fruit. Try strawberries, mixed berries, or leave it plain for vanilla!
This is a recipe that is very easy for your kids to help with (or to make entirely independently, depending on age!)
Something about fresh fruit makes every plate look delicious!
Other things that are easy to make fun in a hurry with cookie cutters are:
-meat & cheese slices
-cucumbers & peppers
-sandwiches (large cutters)
And the bonus is that you can include your kiddo in helping, which means that the end product is much more likely to be happily eaten. Win!Print
Fun fruit kabobs with delicious cream cheese dip for birthday parties, barbecues, or just a fun afternoon snack!
- Seasonal fruit in a variety of colours.
- In photos: Strawberries, mini oranges, mango, green apples, blueberries, grapes, and watermelon.
- Bamboo skewers
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2–3 T powdered sugar (to taste)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup raspberries (or more, to taste)
- Place fruit on bamboo skewers. Use small cookie cutters to make fun shapes with melons or apples.
- Place all dip ingredients in blender and mix well. Chill 1 hour before serving for flavours to mix well.
*Try other fruits in place of raspberries, or leave the fruit out altogether for a vanilla flavoured dip
- Category: Snacks
From my kitchen to yours- enjoy!