Creamy peanut butter hot chocolate
“Mom! When we come in from skating, can we have hot chocolate?”
Something about hot chocolate & winter… they go hand in hand. My boys love when I whip up a batch of this creamy deliciousness and they can warm up from the inside out.
I’m not a fan of all the extra ingredients found in most packaged hot chocolate mixes, and like being able to sweeten this to my family’s taste preference. A small amount will give a dark chocolate taste, more = obviously a sweeter blend.
The trick to taking this from a-ok to frothy and light, is the blender. After you mix up the ingredients and warm them in a pot, pour them into a blender and froth it up! This gives that awesome layer of yum along the surface… Let me show you what I mean…
Yes, that sort of yum. The frothy, creamy, foamy kind of yum that really makes hot chocolate really really good and makes fun, foamy moustaches to boot! My boys thought that was hilarious.
Onwards to the recipe. Hopefully it’s a hit there!
- 1½ cups milk (dairy or alternative)*
- 1½ T cocoa
- 1-2 T honey
- 1 T natural peanut butter
- Pinch sea salt
- Put all ingredients into a pot and warm over medium heat. Taste to adjust honey to level of sweetness desired.
- Transfer to a blender (make sure it has a pressure release hole in the top for the steam!) and blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour into cups and enjoy!
- Lick off the foamy moustache last.
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy! 🙂