Quick and easy chocolate chip cookie dough hummus kids snack. A delicious, more healthy snack for kids!
- 540 mL (19oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup oatmeal (optionally toasted)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or less, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt*
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Toast oats at 350 degrees F until golden brown (optional).
- Place everything except chocolate chips into a food processor or high speed blender and mx until smooth.
- Add in chocolate chip and stir to combine.
- Serve with apple slices, pretzels, or enjoy plain!
*If chickpeas are unsalted, you may need additional salt
**If consistency is slightly thick, add milk (dairy or unsweetened alternative) 1T at a time to thin
*FOR 15 oz CAN CHICKPEAS:
-15 oz can chickpeas, drained
-1/3 cup natural peanut butter
-1/4 cup oatmeal (optionally toasted)
-1/4 cup maple syrup (or less, to taste)
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 cup mini chocolate chips