Chocolate-chip cookie dough hummus
Here’s a quick and easy dessert for you busy moms!
I’m a fan of this hummus for 3 main reasons, aside from it being tasty:
- Max 10 minutes to make it, start to finish (if you choose to toast the oatmeal)
- Lots of nutritious goodness from the chickpeas, oatmeal, and peanut butter
- Keeps well several days in the fridge
We enjoy eating this chocolate-chip cookie dough hummus for dessert with apples, pretzels, or just straight from a spoon. Yum. Count mom in too 🙂
This is a great one for getting kids into the kitchen with you as well. Easy pouring, measuring, and instant gratification for a happy helper! Score. (Oh, and your patience only has to last 10 minutes…any takers?)
Getting kids helping in the kitchen is one of the easiest ways to get kids trying new foods without the fuss as well.
The recipe calls for toasted oats. If you have the time to toast them, I highly recommend it because it adds some awesome flavour. It’s not strictly required though. I’ve made *scramble* batches too where I didn’t have time to toast the oats and they were fine too.
Picnics, play dates, or a friend’s get-together can all benefit from a batch of chocolate-chip cookie dough hummus for dessert 🙂 Let me know how you enjoy it!Print
Quick and easy chocolate chip cookie dough hummus kids snack. A delicious, more healthy snack for kids!
- 540 mL (19oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup oatmeal (optionally toasted)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or less, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt*
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Toast oats at 350 degrees F until golden brown (optional).
- Place everything except chocolate chips into a food processor or high speed blender and mx until smooth.
- Add in chocolate chip and stir to combine.
- Serve with apple slices, pretzels, or enjoy plain!
*If chickpeas are unsalted, you may need additional salt
**If consistency is slightly thick, add milk (dairy or unsweetened alternative) 1T at a time to thin
*FOR 15 oz CAN CHICKPEAS:
-15 oz can chickpeas, drained
-1/3 cup natural peanut butter
-1/4 cup oatmeal (optionally toasted)
-1/4 cup maple syrup (or less, to taste)
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!