Christmas morning breakfast calls for sunshine, even if its in the form of apricots…
Oatmeal porridge is so versatile, and we’re loving this combo right now.
Apricots + coconut + oats = dreamy breakfast:) Little helper approved! The secret here is the spoonful of coconut oil. It’s not a lot, but adds a lot of flavour and creaminess to this mix!
This is similar in creaminess to my apple pie oatmeal porridge, but has a totally new flavour to switch things up at breakfast!
For those who have a helper who knows how to use scissors well, have her snip up the apricots for you! It’s apparently really fun!
Creamy, healthy, and best of all- kid approved!
If you’re looking for a Christmas Morning breakfast idea, this might be for you… 🙂 Or whip it up some other morning!Print
Apricots + coconut + oats = creamy, delicious, & healthy breakfast!
- 1 cup old fashioned, large flake rolled oats (Certified gluten free if necessary)
- 1 cup milk (dairy or alternative)
- 1 cup water
- 1 – 1 1/2 T maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 T virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 T unsweetened coconut (optional for garnish)
- Place all ingredients other than unsweetened coconut into a pot and heat to a boil.
- Turn to medium heat and cook until creamy. Garnish with coconut. Serves 3. (4 children)
- Category: breakfast
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!